Gender inclusion and the broken rung theory
April 21, 2022
Giulia Iannucci/ Darren Robison
With his incredibly vast experience in recruitment, in this episode Darren covers some very critical aspects of gender inclusion in business:
- The critical role of men in supporting gender equality
- The broken rung number 1: at the start of the career -> why do the entry levels have a similar number of women and men but already the first step of the carer progression sees more men than women being promoted
- The broken run number 2: women dropping off after starting a family and the consequences on their financial dependency during retirement.
- The unexpected downsides of the newly found flexibility at work and the risk of women to become 'invisible'
- The necessity for a more inclusive leadership style.
This episode is part of a series dedicated to the campaign "The power of Gender Equality" a campaign that KnowThyBrand and the LhOFT have launched to champion women in finance and technology
Sound (unfortunately) unseen for this episode.
Find out more about Darren Robinson here: