Mirror thinking and fulfilling our potential
July 14, 2022
Giulia Iannucci /Fiona Murden
In this episode, we speak with Fiona Murden, psychologist, podcast host, and author of the book Mirror Thinking.
Fiona explains to us how mirror thinking is not only the process of observational learning but also the key to social understanding and emotional intelligence.
From there, we expand the conversation to a variety of complex yet critical topics including:
- Mirroring and counter mirroring, how we choose them and how they shape us
- The difference between meritocracy and mirrorcrazy, are we being really objective when we promote or recruit talent?
- The importance of attainable and relatable role models to inspire real change
- Mentorship as growth and support and the responsibilities that come with being a mentor
- Vulnerability, what it means for leaders, and the concept of insightful vulnerability
- Empathy, it is a good skill but can be counterproductive when unmanaged
So much to learn from Fiona!
Find out more https://fionamurden.com/