A fantastic episode packed with research, information, and insights about financial inclusion, why it matters, how it affects women, and what we can do about it.
Our guest is Mary Ellen Iskenderian, the President and CEO of Women’s World Banking, a passionate advocate for women’s economic empowerment, and the author of the incredibly important book "There’s Nothing Micro About a Billion Women: Making Finance Work for Women"
With Mary Ellen we discuss:
- What financial inclusion is and how it relates to gender inclusion.
- The3 pillars of financial inclusion: ability to save, ability to borrow, and insurance
- Why microfinance, as much as it is critically important, alone is not the answer to the gender inclusion problem
- Digitalisation of finance, how it is helping close the gender financial gap, and the potential role of fintech companies
- Practical recommendations that we can all implement to have an impact.
Find out more about Mary Ellen here: https://www.womensworldbanking.org/about-us/our-team/mary-ellen-iskenderian/