In this episode, we host an old friend of our podcast, Felicity Hassan.
Not only Felicity is the found of The Find, a recruitment agency the focus on diverse recruiting, but she is also the co-author with Suki Sandhu of an incredibly inspiring book called 'How To Get Your Act Together: A Judgement-Free Guide to Diversity and Inclusion for Straight White Men'
As the name implies, the book offers a very straightforward approach to diversity, providing clear explanations for concepts we might not be so familiar with (like gender identity vs sexual orientation just to cite one), real examples of changes companies implemented to support diversity, and practical suggestions for all of us to learn and become truly inclusive.
During our conversation, we focused in particular on:
- Diversity fatigue, why people are tired of hearing about the need for diversity and what we can do about it
- The misleading concept of meritocracy
- Motivators for the C suite and middle management to embrace and promote diversity that go beyond the business case.
- Allies and the difference between being not discriminatory vs being against discrimination.
- the importance of active curiosity to change and inspire change.
Find out more about Felicity here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/felicitybt/
Find her book here: https://www.amazon.com/How-Get-Your-Together-Judgement-Free/dp/0241485215